Note: this is not just your standard salt you put in your scrambled eggs, it is a dishwasher specific product.
It should cost about a pound for a box, and if your machine isn’t working this is usually a good first port of call.
How to use:
- Open the dishwasher.
- Remove the bottom rack.
- Look for the cap (usually back left ish) that says SALT.
- Note: There may be another hole that does not say salt. The salt does not go here.
- Open it.
- If there is water in it, it’s ok. Just leave it there, and the salt should move it out the way or absorb it or something.
- Pour salt in.
- Until the pocket is full.
- This can take a lot of salt. Like I used 2 boxes last time.
- Put cap back on.
- Put drawer back in.
- Run a prewash with nothing in the dishwasher.
If this doesn’t work, see Rinse Aid.